2015 Spring Grant Awards Announced
The Mesa County Federal Mineral Lease District Board of Directors announces its awards for the Spring 2015 Grant Cycle. The board voted to make awards in this cycle that total $719,660.
The MCFMLD oversees the distribution of energy extraction funds to local public entities by providing financial support to serve the infrastructure, construction, and public service needs of our community. We accomplish this function primarily through funding regular grant cycles.
Awards in the Traditional Grant Program totaled $504,560 and were made to:
- Colorado Mesa University for the Tomlinson Library Renovation, Expansion and Technology Project in the amount of $504,560.
Awards in the Mini Grant Program totaled $215,100 and were made to:
- The Town of Collbran for Collbran Street Maintenance and Repair in the amount of $50,000;
- The City of Grand Junction for the Fire Station 4 Alerting System in the amount of $50,000;
- Clifton Fire Protection District for their Feasibility Study and Design Services in the amount of $25,000;
- Grand Junction Regional Airport Authority for a Passenger Demand Analysis and Business Travel Survey in the amount of $15,000;
- Clifton Sanitation District for their Manhole Liner Protection Project in the amount of $50,000;
- Lands End Fire Protection District for Lands End Station Upgrades in the amount of $25,100.
The MCFMLD District enters into two annual grant cycles, one in the spring and one in the fall, depending on fund availability. The Fall 2015 Grant Cycle will begin in August, with award announcements anticipated in October. Overall funding levels will be determined by the amount of Federal Mineral Lease revenue Mesa County receives, which is determined by the level of natural extraction activity on our public lands. For more information on the Mesa County Federal Mineral Lease District, please visit our website at www.mesaFML.org.