MCFMLD announces spring 2014 grant recipients
The Mesa County Federal Mineral Lease District Board of Directors today announces its awards for the Spring 2014 Grant Cycle.
The Mesa County FML District exercises an essential public function: to alleviate social, economic, and public finance impacts resulting from federal mineral leasing activities in our communities. As an independent public body charged by the state legislature, we accomplish this function primarily through funding regular grant cycles. The MCFMLD is pleased to be able to distribute the financial resources generated by the development of natural resources on federal lands within Mesa County to communities impacted by those activities.
Awards in the Traditional Grant Program were made to:
- The Plateau Valley School District 50 for their School Building Internet / Wireless /Technology Project in the amount of $116,049;
- The Mesa County School District 51 for their Safe and Secure Schools in the amount of $150,000;
- And to the Clifton Sanitation District for their Closed Camera Inspection Equipment / GIS in the amount of $60,000.
Awards in the Mini Grant Program were made to:
- The Town of DeBeque for their DeBeque Street Repair Project in the amount of $33,935;
- The Grand Junction Regional Airport Authority for their Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Personal Protective Equipment in the amount of $50,000;
- And to the Town of Palisade for their Palisade Fire Station Alert in the amount of $50,000.
The grants awarded for the Spring 2014 Grant Cycle totaled $459,984. The grants awarded for the Traditional Grant Program totaled $326,049. The grants awarded for the Mini Grant Program totaled $133,935.
The Fall 2014 Grant Cycle will begin in August with award announcements anticipated in October.
For more information on the Mesa County Federal Mineral Lease District, please visit our website at www.mesaFML.org.